Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

Hooked on Hipstamatic!










As an enthousiastic photographer I’m always looking around for fun lenses for my camera, accessories for photography etc. But búying a digital app for photography for my iphone, was a bit too much for me. I do have a camera on my iphone, don’t I?
Until last summer one of my friends showed me her Hipstamatic app. Hmm, it looked nice, and why was I being dutch and nagging about 1 or 2 euro’s for an app for myself? My husband buys games.... so why don’t ‘spoil’ myself a bit too? So in the heat of the moment I clicked ‘buy’. I’m happy ever since :)

After a few ‘loose’ tries I decided to take more photo’s with my phone. I used to take my heavy 5D + battery pack and lenses with me on my business trips; lot’s of weight and space... And my dear sweet client and business partner are making fun of me. But... you never know when it’s time for ‘the’ picture. After all -I think it was Paul Huf who said- ‘The best photo’s aren’t taken, because you don’t have a camera with you.’

For a while I wasn’t able to take a lot of pictures with my 'real' camera, it was quite a hassle. And although I had my camera with me, we were too busy catching trains or working, so I wouldn’t get out my camera to make pictures. But... my phone is always with me, with charged batteries, and although my iphone has a horrrrrible lense, lousy megapixels and no flash whatsoever, with hipstamatic I’m able to be the annoying photographer again... without missing out on the fun because I’m looking through the lense all the time. It’s quick and easy, and most shots have a nice feel.

During fashionweek the americana pack was for free, so I downloaded it (thanks for the tip Lin!). I fell in love with the box it came in. Haha it’s a digital image, silly me, no box, no nothing... but it’s still cool. It felt as if I bought my first camera all over again. I changed my cameracase right away to a nice pastel blue one and started to shoot. Bummer... sometimes the camera changed the lense back to the americana lense. I don’t like the look of that lense (at the moment). Or suddenly there was my favourite film replaced by another one... argh... it forced me to check out how the hipstamatic app really works. So I finally arranged some favourite sets or packs, and took a look at some new lenses and film. And if you would have told me a year ago that i would buy other lenses and film for my phone I would have said that you were mental :) But now I did: I bought the lucifer lense with some black and white films that belonged to the pack... yes i’m hooked on hipstamatic.

My favourites at the moment are the John S lense or the Lucifer lense with kodot film, btw I like the dreamypop flash, but not for everything. And yes I’ve changed back to my simpel black case.
Maybe in a while I can go create designs for hipstamatic cases?

I would like to have the possibility to play a bit with the exposure times, but i already have a little trick for that. I’ll share it with you later.

I’ll try and send my hipstaphoto’s to a photo-contest: it will be different and the old guys probabely will be shocked :) but I like it.

UPDATE
and.. yesterday the 5th I won the first price with this serie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment